An Early Bird Make-up Routine
I've always been a morning person, ever since I was young i'd be up at the crack of dawn ready and raring to go. Now I use that morning energy and go to 6.30am gym classes before work - it's a struggle at times when the child has had a rough night teething, but it sets me up for the day with a clear mind to step into work mode!
The downside is - getting ready for work is a mad rush amongst the other morning gym-goers! In the lead up to going back to work after maternity leave, I experimented with new make-up brands to suit my acne prone skin. Here is my list of recommended products to have you looking fresh and ready for your day with step-by-step details on how I apply these...
2. Using MAC 172 brush, I apply Lush Cosmetics Colour Supplement (foundation) in 'Dark Yellow' all over. The coverage this provides is enough to not have to use concealer and evens out any marks, redness and blemishes my skin may have at the time. It stops me from breaking out unlike other products I use for 'special occasions' which often result in a spot or two.
3. Apply Mascara - my current favourite is Maneater from Tarte cosmetics, lifts the lashes, thickens them well and comes off easily
4. Lightly dust Lush Cosmetics Translucent Face Powder all over to set your foundation. I purposely do this after mascara so my base foundation dries and the powder doesn't dry in creases leaving dry looking patches on your face
5. Using Benefit brow gel, fill in and lengthen any areas you need touching up - remember to keep this natural and only fill in the gaps. Over styled eyebrows day to day with simple make-up may look out of place.
6. NARS often releases palette's which have a range of blushes, contour powders and highlights in the one compact - I use this to contour/bronze and add a touch of colour depending on what i'm wearing (these are great for travelling too!)
7. Apply whichever colour lippy that takes your fancy that day!
There you have it, apply in that order, it takes me less than 5 minutes & lasts all day! Keeping in mind, these products may not suit everyone, i'm always trying new products and would love to hear if there's anything you recommend for day-to-day use.
Until next time...
xox The Early Bird